Monday, December 31, 2007

cLOseR thaN VeiN

Life is full of the unexpected
Sometime I might see its coming
Sometimes I didn’t get the hints
Or I might notice but I pay no heed
But the purpose of each trial is to enhance my faith
Which it’s hardly increasing and easily decreasing
Remember of Allah only in the hard time
So fast to forget own purpose on earth

With all those challenges in life have made me learnt things
Have made me realized
That the most important thing in handling those pandemonium
To return to those beautiful teachings
The ones that once long I left behind
The magnificence of Koran and Sunnah
How could I simply put them aside
Then wondering why my life is so messy
Who am I kidding?

These trials are no more than reminders
Allah may want me to evaluate
My own state of iman
Allah may want me to realize how insufficient time I spent for Islam
The lack of contribution and participation
How most of my time I struggle just to fulfill my dunia’s life
Just to attain good grade
Just to please people
Just to look cool in the eye’s of mankind

Very little I think of how to make Him happy
Hardly awake just for His forgiveness in the middle of night
Rarely do I pray for my brothers and sisters in Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, Turkey and Afghanistan
Only few words I said about my brothers and sisters in southern Thailand, in Philippine, Ambon and Acheh
Barely in my life have I contributed for the sake of my beloved religion
Shedding tears when remembering the hardship they’ve been through
Or trying to spend some of my money to ease their pain
How selfish I am
My bad….my sin, how could I’ve just walked away and kept my hands clean?

Thank God, alhamdulillah praises be to Allah
These trials had let me thought straight
Had made me realized how I badly need to detach myself from the chain of ignorance
Enough is enough; it’s the time for a turnover
He is the Lord with lots of bounties
Glory only for Him
Never had He let me without His guide
Never had He dumped me even I continuously become a sinner
Never had He closed the door of taubah until my last breath

He is the One who’s closer than my jugular vein (Qaf:16)

Ya Allah, please forgive your very sinful ‘abd
My hope is to be among the believers
In Your beautiful Janna
Never have I wished for Your hellfire
Neither Your anger
Indeed this soul longs for Your love and blessings